October is Family History Month and I thought we’d continue with 20 more questions about your ancestors and even a few about you. If you recall it was just over one year ago we asked the first 20 questions. You can find those HERE. So please join in the fun and answer some or all of these questions.
- Why do you love doing genealogy/family history?
- How far have you traveled to research an ancestor?
- What do you think your favorite ancestor would think of our lives today?
- What do you think that your ancestor would like/dislike?
- What was the most unusual cause of death that you’ve found?
- Which ancestor had the most unusual occupation?
- Have you ever gone to where your ancestor lived and it felt like home even if you’ve never been there before?
- Do you have a distant ancestor (several generations back) that looks like someone in the family?
- What is the oldest ancestral photo that you have?
- Did you have an ancestor that had an arranged marriage?
- If you could live in the time period of one of your ancestors what year would it be? Where would it be?
- Which ancestor was married the most times?
- If you’ve tested your DNA what was the biggest ethnicity surprise?
- Did you have a female ancestor that was different or unusual from other females from that time period?
- Did your ancestor go through a hardship that you don’t know how they managed?
- How often do you research? Are you a genealogy addict?
- Do you have someone in your family that will take over the family history?
- Have you had a genealogy surprise? What was it?
- Are you a storyteller? What’s your favorite family story?
- What was your greatest genealogy discovery?
I hope to read many of your answers. If you blog about any of these questions please refer back to this blog and use the #20AncestorQuestions hashtag