You know me, I’m always trying to get my “Poop In A Group” well, at least my photos.. and my genealogy life.
As you know, I have all my photos uploaded to FOREVER, and I did that because I was organizing them on my computer with the idea of uploading them to the cloud when they were perfect. It was then that my cousin’s husband died, and I realized that I couldn’t wait for them to be perfect. (You can read that blog here.)
Recently I was working on one of my blogs, and I had some difficulty finding a photograph of my grandfather (which I knew I had); that’s when I decided that October was going to be the start of my monochrome project. By making it a project with a deadline, it helps me focus and stay on task.
So during October, I’m going to organize all my black and white photos. So what that means to me is that I’m going to do the following;
- I’m tagging all my black and white photos with a tag called… you guessed it “black and white.” Right now, I have just over 2000 images with that tag, but I’m sure I’ve uploaded a few more that I’ve missed. So that’s the first step making sure all are tagged with B&W.
- I’ll also have an album with the same name. Then as I go through the photos tagged B&W, I will tag the people in the pictures, and once that is completed, they can go in the album. (At the same time, I can either decide to write the story of the photo or wait until later.)
- For stories, I can either write the story while I’m tagging and putting the photo in the album, or I can tag the picture with a tag called “story,” and then I can easily find that photo so that I can go back add the story and then remove the tag.
So if you haven’t already signed up with FOREVER and would like to try it out, you can do that HERE. You’ll receive a 2GB account and
$15 (now $20) that can be used in the next 60 days on just about anything.
If you already have an account, then my question is… Are you test driving it? If not, why not? Don’t let your memories get stuck in the past.
Try it now and if you’d like more help you can do a couple of things.
- You can watch my video on YouTube; Just 15 Minutes a Day To Organize Your Photos.
- You can sign up for a one-on-one help session HERE
- or you can sign up for my November/December – Let Me Hound You Meet Up Bi-Weekly Group that includes a Bonus. You can check that out at my store HERE.
What is your October project and as I said before; Don’t let your memories get stuck in the past?
Here’s a product I use all the time. RESTORE from Vivid-Pix