It’s a brand new month and a great reminder time to back up your files and your photos. Today I’d like to talk about one of my favorite subjects; your family photo collection. I’m sure you’ve already gone to the trouble of scanning all your photos. Ok, I can hear some of you laughing. If you need tools to help with that project, you can find them at Shop the Hound.
So whether you’ve scanned all those family photos or you’re just getting started (good for you) it’s important to back up your work so that all that time wasn’t wasted should something happens to your computer. I’ve spoken before about backing up files, you read my blog post about what I learned from the Fort McMurray Fire. But how are you backing up your photos?
You can use iDrive, Backblaze, Google Photo, there are any number of places to back up files. But where I save my photos is at Forever. I’m sure you know I’m a Forever Ambassador, so I’m a bit bias, but it’s because of their guarantee that I became an Ambassador. What is their guarantee?
- Your photos are preserved, protected, and available for your lifetime plus 100 years. How can they do that? With the Forever™ Guarantee Fund.
- You have control over succession and legacy. You decide who can access your photos and you appoint who will manage your photos after your gone.
- Your photos are saved at full resolution.
- You keep ownership rights of your photos. Did you know that with some storage sites they actually own your photos? Always be sure to read the terms and conditions of any file storage site.
- As technologies change so will your backed up photos. Over time, they will migrate your files to newer formats as old formats become obsolete.
- Your photos are triple backup and encrypted. Forever Storage is backed up in multiple places across multiple regions, ensuring you will never lose any of your photos.
- They value your privacy, and they don’t sell your personal information
- No data mining
Pretty impressive and that’s what sold me. I currently have 11,637 photos saved to my account. What I like about it is that I can access those photos easily and put them into my projects. Whether it be a book, poster, calendar or wall art. There are so many things you can do with those photos if you have them digitally. I especially like to create books so that photos that I’ve taken or family heritage photos can be viewed by other family members. After all isn’t that why you took those photos; so they can be viewed by more than just you? If you’d like to learn more about Forever Storage please have a look at my page and if you have any questions I’d be happy to answer them. Or if you’d like to become an Ambassador and join my team you can do that from my page as well.
P.S. Use promo code IMREADY to receive 20% off Forever Storage