October is Family History Month and I thought we’d continue with 20 more questions about your ancestors and even a few about you. If you recall it was just over one year ago we asked the first 20 questions. You can find those HERE. So please join in the fun and answer some or all of these questions.
- Why do you love doing genealogy/family history?
- How far have you traveled to research an ancestor?
- What do you think your favorite ancestor would think of our lives today?
- What do you think that your ancestor would like/dislike?
- What was the most unusual cause of death that you’ve found?
- Which ancestor had the most unusual occupation?
- Have you ever gone to where your ancestor lived and it felt like home even if you’ve never been there before?
- Do you have a distant ancestor (several generations back) that looks like someone in the family?
- What is the oldest ancestral photo that you have?
- Did you have an ancestor that had an arranged marriage?
- If you could live in the time period of one of your ancestors what year would it be? Where would it be?
- Which ancestor was married the most times?
- If you’ve tested your DNA what was the biggest ethnicity surprise?
- Did you have a female ancestor that was different or unusual from other females from that time period?
- Did your ancestor go through a hardship that you don’t know how they managed?
- How often do you research? Are you a genealogy addict?
- Do you have someone in your family that will take over the family history?
- Have you had a genealogy surprise? What was it?
- Are you a storyteller? What’s your favorite family story?
- What was your greatest genealogy discovery?
I hope to read many of your answers. If you blog about any of these questions please refer back to this blog and use the #20AncestorQuestions hashtag
Thanks for these questions! I have answered them here:
PS Annie! #2.
Have a blessed weekend. 🙂
It made me laugh when you said you didn’t want to close off the information portals. I may have to be more careful. Thanks for your answers
[…] Ellen Thompson-Jennings wrote 20 More Questions About Your Ancestors and Maybe A Few About You this week and Linda Stufflebean thought it would be a great SNGF challenge. I […]
This was lots of fun. Here are my answers: https://emptybranchesonthefamilytree.com/2018/10/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-14/
Linda, I can’t access your answers on your blog.
I answered the questions through SNGF and posted my answers on my blog:
I wrote my answers at: http://seedstotree.blogspot.com/2018/10/20-great-genealogy-questions.html It was fun – thanks!
To answer # 5 there are two. A child was decapitated by a train and a teenager who was in the basement when an elevator came down on him and he was smashed.
Excellent questions. I participated through Randy Seaver’s SNGF and here is my post:
Thank you for joining in. Love your answers.
Also #5 death from burns sustained in a furnace fire.
5. What was the most unusual cause of death that you’ve found?
Struck by lightning.
Runner-up: I have two who were killed in head-on train collisions.
Wow those are unusual..